Hospice Care & Services
Hospice care includes a wide variety of services to relieve the patient and family of many of the burdens associated with a terminal illness.
Hospice patients are cared for by a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, certified Hospice aides, clergy and volunteers. Together, they form the interdisciplinary team, which develops a detailed plan of care for each Hospice patient based on the specific needs and desires of each patient and family.
The Plan of Care, which is coordinated by the Registered Nurse assigned to the patient and overseen by the patient's physician, specifies the services to be provided, which team members will provide those services, how often they will visit and the goals for the care they provide. In addition, LightBridge provides medications, supplies and equipment related to the Hospice diagnosis. A registered nurse is on call 24 hours per day, seven days a week to assist with any needs a patient may have.
Our individualized program of care is tailored to meet your needs, with a variety of services that provide comfort and support. Your unique program of care may include:
- Regular visits by each member of our hospice team to your place of residence
- Medications related to the hospice diagnosis
- Medical supplies and equipment
- Personal care and grooming
- Emotional support and guidance
- Bereavement care and counseling
- Financial consultation
- Education and support for caregivers
- Physical and speech therapies
- Healing Touch
- Other integrative therapies