About Our Palliative Care Services in San Diego
We are passionate about providing palliative care at the right time, in the right setting. Our unique approach to palliative care in San Diego gives your loved ones comfort, peace of mind, and quality of life while living with serious illness.
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative care is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach to pain and symptom management. Our approach to palliative care enables us to empower patients and their families to make informed decisions about their care. The primary purpose of palliative care is to relieve the symptoms, pain, and discomfort that often accompany chronic or complex illness. LightBridge palliative care in San Diego can be an excellent choice for those managing a new or existing diagnosis and are looking to manage pain and symptoms. Palliative care plans may be in place a year to two years before Hospice care begins.
Why Choose Palliative Care in San Diego?
These guiding principles make palliative care in San Diego a unique option for your care.
- Teamwork, both within and between teams. Caregivers in San Diego work together to provide comprehensive management of symptoms.
- Pain management to help alleviate physical pain and restore quality of life.
- A Holistic approach, including non-pharmacological treatments to assist with management of psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual as well as physical symptoms.
- Dedicated providers who have training or expertise in providing palliative care.
- Proactive management of symptoms, where patient and family needs are met in a timely manner.
- Empowerment for San Diego patients and their families to make informed decisions about their care.
Are Palliative Care and Hospice the Same?
Hospice care differs from palliative care in that the latter works in conjunction with primary treatment. By nature, palliative care is pain and symptom management for chronic illness, which can occur along with Hospice care, or on its own for up to 2 years. Palliative care is an interdisciplinary approach, and often the goal is to give a patient a higher quality of life. Palliative care in San Diego provided by LightBridge is a great option for patients who are undergoing or have undergone curative treatment, as well as patients who could benefit from that extra layer of support to successfully manage a chronic illness.